Rules & Regulations
1. Total value of all prizes is $51,403.51
2. A maximum of 10,000 tickets are available for purchase.
3. A Player may participate by purchasing a Raffle Ticket in the following denominations:
(a) One(1) number for $25.00; and/or
(b) Five(5) numbers for $100.00
4. A Player is solely responsible for maintaining and preserving the Ticket once it has been issued by the raffle System.
5. Valid ticket is receipt and proof of purchase. Only valid tickets are eligible for the draw.
6. Tax receipts cannot be issued for ticket purchases.
7. A Player physically located in Ontario, Canada may purchase Raffle Tickets for the driving for youth raffle held by the Foundation online through the following portal www.ogyfraffle.ca which is connected to the raffle System. A Player will be required to comply with the instructions on the website in order to purchase a Ticket. Upon completion of the registration but prior to the purchase of a Ticket, a Player will be required to verify the information is complete and accurate.
8. Players must be at least 18 years of age.
9. Tickets cannot be purchased for or in the name of persons less than 18 years of age.
10. The following, and family residing in the household are not eligible to purchase tickets:
- Staff of the Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation
- Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation Board
11. The first early bird draw is a Brookstreet hotel package valued at $1400, the second early bird draw is two cruiser bikes valued at $600 and the final early bird draw is a Bayshore gift card valued at $2000.
12. The first early-bird draw will be November 6, 2020 at 12noon. The deadline to purchase tickets, in order to be included in the November 6, 2020 deadline is 11:30am November 6. The second early-bird will be November 20, 2020 at 12noon and the deadline is November 20, 2020 at 11:30am. The third early-bird will be December 4, 2020 at 12noon and the deadline is December 4, 2020 at 11:30am.
13. Main Draw prize is a 2020 Buick Encore valued at $41,537.83 + HST.
14. The electronic draws will all take place at 6-430 Hazeldean Road, Kanata, ON K2L 1T9, at noon on the draw dates.
15. All valid tickets included in the early-bird prize draw, including the early-bird winning ticket, will be included in the main draw.
16. Winning ticket number, and name and place of residence of the winner(s) will be recorded and announced immediately after each draw through the event website.
17. Lottery winners will be notified by an Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation representative. Such notification will include information about the prize claim procedure.
18. Winning ticket number and name of winner will be broadcast on social channels and website of the Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation. (www.ogyf.ca)
19. Early-bird draw prize can be picked up at Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation office or shipping can be arranged.
20. Main draw prize (Buick Encore) is awarded on an unconditional ownership basis inclusive of all taxes, freight charges, pre-delivery inspection (PDI) costs and dealer fees.
21. Winner of the main prize must take delivery of vehicle as awarded and is responsible for licensing and insurance from the time of delivery/ownership. Delivery of the vehicle is P.O.D Ottawa, Ontario.
22. The Prize must be claimed in person at the Foundation’s office located at 430 Hazeldean Rd Unit 6, Kanata, ON K2L 1T9. Prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the Draw Date where the 1st day of the 180 days is the day after the Draw Date.
23. Upon presenting a Winning Ticket, the Winner must:
- present (2) pieces of ID proving their age to be over 18;
- completely fill out the Prize Claim Checklist issued by a Foundation; and
- sign his/her name on the Winning Ticket.
24. Each Winner acknowledges and consents to the Foundation collecting personal information (including without limitation, full legal name, address, social insurance number) as part of the Prize claim process. The Winner hereby agrees that such collected information may be used for following purposes: (a) to comply with legal and audit requirements (eg: Family Responsibility Office check), (b) for publicly announcing winners, (c) determining eligibility for awarding Prizes, (d) disclosure of insider wins for public scrutiny, (e) the posting of Prize wins on the Foundation’s website for an extended period of time and otherwise in accordance with the Foundation’s prize claim policy and any successors or replacement thereof, and (f) for the Foundation’s internal business purposes. Each Player further acknowledges that any failure by the winner to provide the Foundation with such information may prevent the Foundation from paying or awarding all or part of the Prize to the holder of the Winning Ticket.
26. Visit www.ogyf.ca or www.ogyfraffle.ca for list of winners.
27. Direct all enquiries to 613-614-6493 or firstname.lastname@example.org
28. In these Rules and Regulations, and in all electronic or printed material related to this lottery:
a) “AGCO” means the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario;
b) “Driving Forward for Youth Raffle” means the AGCO approved electronic lottery system designed by Canadian Bank Note and operated by the Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation for the conduct of this lottery;
c) “Dashboard” means the Dashboard component of the computer-controlled system designed by Canadian Bank Note for the conduct of this lottery;
d) “Draw” means the random selection of a winning ticket number by the Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation through the lottery system
e) “Player” means a person who is eligible to participate in this lottery in accordance with the Rules and Regulations;
f) “Prize” means the consideration or item identified by the Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation that is provided to the winner of a draw in return for the purchase of a valid ticket;
g) “Ticket Number” means a unique numerical sequence randomly issued by the Driving Forward for Youth Raffle as set out on a Valid Ticket;
h) “Valid Ticket” means Lottery ticket issued by the Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation that is not void;
i) “Winner” means the person who is the bearer of a winning ticket and who satisfies all conditions established by the Club to claim the prize;
j) “Winning Number” means the number of a valid ticket selected as the winner during a draw,
k) “Winning Ticket” means a valid ticket that bears a ticket number matching the winning number of a draw.
29. These Rules and Regulations are effective as of October 20, 2020.
The Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation promotes responsible gaming at all times. If you are looking for help or advice about problem gambling please visit www.problemgamblinghelpline.ca or contact:
Ontario Problem Gambling Help Line
Free Health Services Information